Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Outbound: Train to Bayreuth (via Nuremberg)

So I went to the baggage claim, and huge surprise, no bag. I located the spectacularly attractive young woman at the baggage information counter. She, with her plump, Aryan bosom, informed me that it may be upwards of several days until I am reunited with all of my belongings. It's a damn good thing she was attractive, otherwise I might have been pretty upset. In the interim, it's just me, one pair of clothing (which I have been wearing for almost 24 hours), an iphone, an ipad, a passport, and several credit cards. I am not going to make a favorable impression with the Jugen Freunde. 

My train was on time, naturally. 

I am currently sitting in a cozy first class seat on the way to Bayreuth, by way of Nuremberg. I really enjoy rail, and vastly prefer overland travel to internal flights. It's the only way to get a sense of the country between the big cities and attractions. Right now crossing the Main river in an industrial zone called Mainhofen, with a huge nuclear power plant on the horizon. 

German towns are a study in last names. Already passed by Offenbach, Steinam, Steinbach and Rumpenheim (heh). 

No comments:

Post a Comment