Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Outbound: On the plane to Frankfurt (second leg)

Made it to the Air France flight, with little time to spare. It only occurred to me shortly before landing that, in the haste to get me on the original flight, I was never printed a boarding pass for the second leg. Naturally I was made to go through a security checkpoint after leaving the plane, prior to reaching an Air France desk. You would think this is a relatively common problem, but I had to negotiate several conversations with impatient, confused French security people who both refused to let me through security and refused to let me go through any of the other doors to get a boarding pass. For a moment I seemed to be in a shitty Tom Hanks movie. Finally somebody let me through security, and I promptly acquired by boarding pass, took a shuttle and reached the plane moments before the doors were closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment